Squirt turned 6. A couple of months ago. But he’s my third of three shorties so he’s kind of lucky I remembered. Apparently he’d told his buddies all about the elaborate party he was having that involved taking them all to the lake for the weekend. Uh, no. We celebrated like we have every year [...]
I randomly ran into the mama of my favorite people on the planet, Candy from Vixen Pin Up Photography. We were both standing in front of Retro Vixen waiting for them to reopen after lunch. We started chatting and she mentioned that her daughter used to work out of the back with her best [...]
Saturday was the first (of hopefully many) Listen To Your Mother events in Kansas City. I cannot tell you what a pleasure it was to be a participant. I read this piece (which I’m sure you’re all familiar with by now.) But it was the first time I’d READ the piece. Out loud. For others [...]
And the video you’ve all been waiting for with bated breath, my TED talk. Seriously, I cannot tell you how excited I was to get to do this. I will say, I rewrote much of it the day before and on the train ride to St. Louis. It took place the week of the Boston [...]
A few quick updates: My blood tests and mole biopsies came back clean. Yay! My EGD/colonoscopy has been moved to July 15th. Boo! I’ve finally (hopefully) overcome my months long reading rut. I have a pin up shoot with Varga Photography Saturday morning. Listen To Your Mother Kansas City is Saturday night, Mother’s Day Eve. [...]
I’ve been busy which is no excuse for neglecting y’all, my friends. But here’s what I’ve been doing. Parenting – It’s exhausting and neverending, yo Dealing with having shingles – Is there some sort of make up that is the facial equivalent of caulk or spackel to fill in the scars? Passing around pink [...]
- My son is gay November 2, 2010
- Epilogue February 3, 2011
- Facebook Friday October 29, 2010
- Anyone want a 3 year old boy? July 26, 2010
- Not necessary, but I’m doing it anyway November 16, 2010
- Happy birthday, Squirt! May 29, 2013
- Friday Funnies May 24, 2013
- Listen To Your Mother May 16, 2013
- TEDx Talk – Who Are The People In Your Neighborhood? May 8, 2013
- I have a lot on my mind May 6, 2013
- Mr. Mom? Not so much. | King of my blog: [...] sense. It might be worth noting that Sarah M...
- Nikki: Ha-ha!! Awesome!!...
- Courtney R.: You just made me really happy with this post. I lo...
- Geek Parenting: Growing Pain | LeakyNews: [...] What on earth would it mean, and why would I...
- Derek: Another great report from the front lines, Nerdy! ...