I love autumn in Missouri. Crisp air, brilliant leaves, warm sweaters. My shorties love it too. Peanut has an October birthday. Halloween. Fireplace lit. Days are shorter. Nights are longer. More time to cuddle. Snuggling [...]
Another Halloween is in the books. I have a love/hate relationship with the holiday. I genuinely love everything about it until we get to the actual night. It’s usually chilly. The shorties get so ramped up they’d like to start going door to door at 4pm. It’s one big cluster of energy, sugar, anxiety, etc. [...]
I stumbled upon this while cleaning up in Boo’s room just now. I have no idea where he saw this quote or why he chose to copy it down. I do know that he is a wise little man. Now if he could just keep his room tidier… UPDATE: A friend just pointed out this [...]
Boo received an anonymous package in the mail last week. He flipped out shouting, “My fortune came true! My fortune came true!” He is very interested to know how this person knew he loves stickers. He’s pretty sure it is from one of my best friends or the lady that took our order at the [...]
This is how my shorties arrived at school today. Sometimes it’s kickass being married to a police officer. Peanut enjoyed herself. At least I think so. She’s now a 7th grader thus too cool to gush. Boo was a little afraid that he’d fall out. And that perhaps they’d be shot at, but took comfort [...]
I do not understand school pictures. They used to just do the same old same old every fall. You bought them regardless of how ridiculous you looked. And that was it. Now they offer multiple backgrounds and poses for the fall that are still basically what you remember. But in the spring, they go KA-RAZY! [...]
- My son is gay November 2, 2010
- Epilogue February 3, 2011
- Facebook Friday October 29, 2010
- Anyone want a 3 year old boy? July 26, 2010
- Not necessary, but I’m doing it anyway November 16, 2010
- Listen To Your Mother May 16, 2013
- TEDx Talk – Who Are The People In Your Neighborhood? May 8, 2013
- I have a lot on my mind May 6, 2013
- I’ve been busy May 1, 2013
- Things I need April 7, 2013
- gfunkified: I loved your outfit so much. With your avatar, it ...
- Katrina Villareal: Whenever I visit your blog, I always go back to th...
- Ο γιος μου είναι γκέι. Ή δεν είναι. | Eimaimama.gr: [...] γνώμη. Τον Νοέμβρ...
- Kristen: I love your long posts! You and your family are be...
- Austin WongCarter (@wongcarter): Wonderful TED Talk, very true. We can change the w...