No, really. I am actually sick and very tired. I’ve had this plague thing for 7 days. Fever, sweats, aches, chills, no appetite, weak, tummy issues, lots of tummy issues. Fortunately, the Detective and the shorties have been very kind, letting me sleep and leaving me be. The Detective has been pulling double time with […]
On the morning of September 12, a Thursday, I was doing what I do each weekday morning. Running around, scrambling to get the shorties fed, sign their schoolwork, pack their lunches, yelling at encouraging them to get their pants on, the usual. And then I heard a noise that I can only describe as primal. […]
Saturday was the first (of hopefully many) Listen To Your Mother events in Kansas City. I cannot tell you what a pleasure it was to be a participant. I read this piece (which I’m sure you’re all familiar with by now.) But it was the first time I’d READ the piece. Out loud. For others […]
I love autumn in Missouri. Crisp air, brilliant leaves, warm sweaters. My shorties love it too. Peanut has an October birthday. Halloween. Fireplace lit. Days are shorter. Nights are longer. More time to cuddle. Snuggling […]
Nerdy Apple’s note: When this post went viral, my whole family was affected. To say it was a crazy, surreal time would be an understatement. Before the post went viral, the Detective knew I had a blog, but didn’t read it. He didn’t even know the URL if I’m not mistaken. He didn’t need to […]
- My son is gay November 2, 2010
- Epilogue February 3, 2011
- Facebook Friday October 29, 2010
- Anyone want a 3 year old boy? July 26, 2010
- Not necessary, but I’m doing it anyway November 16, 2010
- It’s cold out there for a shrimp February 4, 2014
- Randomness January 31, 2014
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day January 20, 2014
- Funny ish January 17, 2014
- I’m sick and tired January 16, 2014
- McMalan: He wants a motorcycle because he feels trapped by ...
- Kelly: Stores I am not supposed to enter without a list a...
- Andy: Sarah, I think the love and confidence you have is...
- Be Original, or How Nickelodeon’s NickMom is Sliming Parent Bloggers (A Guest Post from Kelby Carr) |: […] the media or online news, entertainment ...
- DesignerDaddy: Okay, best blog post title I've read in a while! ...