Saturday was the first (of hopefully many) Listen To Your Mother events in Kansas City. I cannot tell you what a pleasure it was to be a participant. I read this piece (which I’m sure you’re all familiar with by now.) But it was the first time I’d READ the piece. Out loud. For others [...]
I love autumn in Missouri. Crisp air, brilliant leaves, warm sweaters. My shorties love it too. Peanut has an October birthday. Halloween. Fireplace lit. Days are shorter. Nights are longer. More time to cuddle. Snuggling [...]
Another Halloween is in the books. I have a love/hate relationship with the holiday. I genuinely love everything about it until we get to the actual night. It’s usually chilly. The shorties get so ramped up they’d like to start going door to door at 4pm. It’s one big cluster of energy, sugar, anxiety, etc. [...]
This is how my shorties arrived at school today. Sometimes it’s kickass being married to a police officer. Peanut enjoyed herself. At least I think so. She’s now a 7th grader thus too cool to gush. Boo was a little afraid that he’d fall out. And that perhaps they’d be shot at, but took comfort [...]
I do not understand school pictures. They used to just do the same old same old every fall. You bought them regardless of how ridiculous you looked. And that was it. Now they offer multiple backgrounds and poses for the fall that are still basically what you remember. But in the spring, they go KA-RAZY! [...]
The shorties and I headed out to St. Louis for a few days to visit my mom, Granny. The Arch there indicates St. Louis. I’m clever like that. Squirt called it ‘The Hump’ all weekend. Continuing on with my mother’s love of all things funerary, she took us on a driving tour of Bellefontaine Cemetery. [...]
- My son is gay November 2, 2010
- Epilogue February 3, 2011
- Facebook Friday October 29, 2010
- Anyone want a 3 year old boy? July 26, 2010
- Not necessary, but I’m doing it anyway November 16, 2010
- Listen To Your Mother May 16, 2013
- TEDx Talk – Who Are The People In Your Neighborhood? May 8, 2013
- I have a lot on my mind May 6, 2013
- I’ve been busy May 1, 2013
- Things I need April 7, 2013
- Ο γιος μου είναι γκέι. Ή δεν είναι. | Eimaimama.gr: [...] γνώμη. Τον Νοέμβρ...
- Kristen: I love your long posts! You and your family are be...
- Austin WongCarter (@wongcarter): Wonderful TED Talk, very true. We can change the w...
- Derek: WOW Sarah - you are a natural! Well done, and wel...
- twistedfancy: SAM! You did great:) Very proud of you!...