Saturday was the first (of hopefully many) Listen To Your Mother events in Kansas City. I cannot tell you what a pleasure it was to be a participant. I read this piece (which I’m sure you’re all familiar with by now.) But it was the first time I’d READ the piece. Out loud. For others [...]
Nerdy Apple’s note: When this post went viral, my whole family was affected. To say it was a crazy, surreal time would be an understatement. Before the post went viral, the Detective knew I had a blog, but didn’t read it. He didn’t even know the URL if I’m not mistaken. He didn’t need to [...]
My family is sometimes quite low on patience. We seem to get everything else in bulk, but not patience. Hello, Costco? I’m talking to you. Anyway, over the summer Boo decided he wanted to learn to read. But not lame, beginner books. He wanted to read as well as Peanut. We finally convinced him to [...]
I know that you all know about the Detective. I mention him pretty regularly. But what do you really know about him? Here are things I love about my Detective: though I have been sick for almost a month [A MONTH] he has busted his arse to get the kids up and ready for school, [...]
On the off chance that you don’t know yet, I’m married to a cop. He’s pretty awesome. Totally awesome. Anyway, the local Fraternal Order of Police is looking to get raises for the department, and it seems the City Council isn’t too keen on it. Other city employees are, but not law enforcement. Here’s what [...]
So CPA reminded me last night about this thing called blogging. Seriously, I forgot about this here thing. So I’m back. From outer space… (name that song) I caught up on CPA’s blog this morning which allows me to steal some ideas for later, like posting about books I’m reading or have recently read. That [...]
- My son is gay November 2, 2010
- Epilogue February 3, 2011
- Facebook Friday October 29, 2010
- Anyone want a 3 year old boy? July 26, 2010
- Not necessary, but I’m doing it anyway November 16, 2010
- Listen To Your Mother May 16, 2013
- TEDx Talk – Who Are The People In Your Neighborhood? May 8, 2013
- I have a lot on my mind May 6, 2013
- I’ve been busy May 1, 2013
- Things I need April 7, 2013
- Katrina Villareal: Whenever I visit your blog, I always go back to th...
- Ο γιος μου είναι γκέι. Ή δεν είναι. | Eimaimama.gr: [...] γνώμη. Τον Νοέμβρ...
- Kristen: I love your long posts! You and your family are be...
- Austin WongCarter (@wongcarter): Wonderful TED Talk, very true. We can change the w...
- Derek: WOW Sarah - you are a natural! Well done, and wel...