Last night was my daughter’s last soccer practice for the season. This weekend is her last game. That realization made me think.My social life is now mostly based on my six-year old’s. That seems silly, but most of the adult conversations I have now are at games or practice. We’ve become friends with the other [...]
I need a hobby. Or at least I need time for a hobby. I have gotten into that funk where I don’t insist on ME time. Sometimes I feel guilty about it, but really I need to be alone. Sometimes. I am home with the kids everyday and there are times I just want to [...]
I am sure that you have seen those Lamisil commercialshttp://www.lamisil.com/index.jsp?source=01025&campaign=LMT-9495&site=100005&placement=100597&creative=100002&checked=y . Who in the hell thought that was a good idea? A weird cartoon fungus that lifts up a toenail? Every time it comes on, it makes me wince. And it has been on the air for months and in heavy rotation. Yes I fast [...]
What is romance?I used to think that Hollywood movies were right. That your heart would pitter patter every time you saw the love of your life. That you would want to kiss him every time you saw him. That flowers were commonplace. That there were soulmates. That surprise dates and getaway weekends were the norm.Am [...]
So this is what I look like. According to my daughter Peanut when she was 4. Now my hair isn’t red anymore, I don’t really have a rectangular body, and my skin isn’t quite that orange. But I love the picture. A LOT! Though I have been blessed to be “normal” looking, I often wonder [...]
I came across an article that listed this site:http://www.happynews.com/Isn’t that a breath of fresh air, GOOD NEWS! There are decent people and good things happen. People help others and others are grateful.Everything that happens isn’t awful and catastrophic.Whew, I was starting to get a little worried. So along the same lines, here’s a list of [...]
- My son is gay November 2, 2010
- Epilogue February 3, 2011
- Facebook Friday October 29, 2010
- Anyone want a 3 year old boy? July 26, 2010
- Not necessary, but I’m doing it anyway November 16, 2010
- Listen To Your Mother May 16, 2013
- TEDx Talk – Who Are The People In Your Neighborhood? May 8, 2013
- I have a lot on my mind May 6, 2013
- I’ve been busy May 1, 2013
- Things I need April 7, 2013
- gfunkified: I loved your outfit so much. With your avatar, it ...
- Katrina Villareal: Whenever I visit your blog, I always go back to th...
- Ο γιος μου είναι γκέι. Ή δεν είναι. | Eimaimama.gr: [...] γνώμη. Τον Νοέμβρ...
- Kristen: I love your long posts! You and your family are be...
- Austin WongCarter (@wongcarter): Wonderful TED Talk, very true. We can change the w...